"A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world." - Anonymous

Monday, January 30, 2012

Matthew 11:28

While seeking out for a dose of inspiration as I try to finish with quality results all my academic requirements due this week, I came across this biblical verse:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, for I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28
I took a break from my paperwork and pondered.

Life is such a haste now. Survival is not so easy anymore, as compared before when people are just carefree and young. Today, there are always consequences to our actions. Responsibilities have become more serious too, like in a grave manner. I used the adjective 'grave' for emphasis, because failing in your responsibilities is burying yourself alive. Second chances are not so free and cheap anymore. Everything has been turned to a commodity, and we have to pay the price. Rest is definitely one of the most expensive.

Life also has become so demanding. This whole ideological and technological revolution has turned us into highly thinking and performing individuals and has raised the intensity of competition for survival. They blackmail us with the necessity for cultural capital, so we transform ourselves into monsters for books, films, music, travel, culture and arts, and other domains that will help build up our intellectual capacities. Laid backs are not welcome.

And so I pray, amidst all the haste and sorrow, even joy, that each one of us may still find peace in himself/herself and share it with the rest of humanity. I'm sure there's nothing wrong to sound so ideal once in every while.

May Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment