"A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world." - Anonymous

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thank you for the music, Whitney Houston

RIP Whitney Houston
Good Morning America: Whitney Houston, iconic pop star, dies at 48
NY Times: Whitney Houston Dies
CNN: Whitney Houston Dead
Yahoo: Whitney Houston Found Dead

and even..

Perez Hilton: Whitney Houston Passed Away

[Notice that in the headlines, even the word 'death/died' is inevitable. There really are no euphemisms for death, what's the point of that anyway. Death is death, nothing more, nothing less.]

What is shocking news. This for sure will be the highlight of the week.. of the month.. of the year.. who knows how long the people will remember the day of her death. But this one I'm sure, people will absolutely remember her songs.

So I say thank you for the music, Whitney. 

"I Will Always Love You" (1992) 
I hope life treats you kind And I hope you have all you've dreamed of. And I wish to you, joy and happiness. But above all this, I wish you love.  
And I will always love you. 
"The Greatest Love of All" (1986) 
I believe the children are our are future 
Teach them well and let them lead the way 
Show them all the beauty they possess inside 
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be.
I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows 
If I fail, if I succeed 
At least I'll live as I believe 
No matter what they take from me 
They can't take away my dignity.
The greatest love of all 
Is easy to achieve 
Learning to love yourself 
It is the greatest love of all. 
"Didn't We Almost Have It All?" (1987)
Didn't we almost have it allWhen love was all we had worth giving?The ride with you was worth the fall my friendLoving you makes life worth livingDidn't we almost have it allThe nights we held on till the morningYou know you'll never love that way againDidn't we almost have it all
"Saving All My Love For You" (1985)
A few stolen moments is all that we share You've got your family, and they need you there Though I've tried to resist, being last on your list But no other man's gonna doSo I'm saving all my love for you
 "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" (1987)
I wanna dance with somebody.. somebody who loves me. 
Source: Top 10 Whitney Songs

Because she was part of my childhood.. always sang her songs in the Videoke. Your fans will always love you. Save their love for you. Their greatest love for you.

Dear Whitney, you and your music will surely be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment