"A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world." - Anonymous

Friday, March 23, 2012

Changes, again

Surprise!

Apparently, my blog just went though a drastic make-over and I'm pretty sure you are eager to know why. After all, it is in our nature as human beings to get curious over small and big things whether they are significant to our lives or not. But I won't crack the ice just yet. I have a back story (or stories) to tell.

One.
If you haven't read my note yet (which you can see at the right part of this blog), well here it is:
This blog was previously entitledLike a Writer: Attempts of Writing Major under the same address yenwrites@blogspot.com until I realized that I wasn’t exactly writing but living instead. Blogging has inspired me to live my life in extraordinary ways. Every day, I try to do something special to write about and put in my blog. But there are times when life just surprises me with how amazing it really is and I know I just got to share them with you. 
I hated the pressure. If there's anything it did to me, it only ripped me and my low self-esteem in writing off. I love writing so much and I just want to enjoy what I'm doing. I want to get rid of that evil voice in my mind which constantly tells me how terrible I am at this. In fact I don't wanna listen to anyone anymore. It is enough that I know writing is my frustration, but you guys should know that it is also my passion. And I have decided to go for it.

My blog is one of the few places where I can just be myself. Whenever I post an entry, it becomes the highlight of my day. Again, blogging has inspired me to live my life in extraordinary ways. My blog is filled with such optimism when in real life, all I am is a nut shell full of cynicism. Whenever I write, I am transformed into a better individual.

Two.
As we are all aware, it is the time of the year when junior students are on their hunt for internship/practicum/OJT venues this summer. Luckily for me, I have been accepted in three different institutions where I will be serving my duties for writing, speech communication, and theater. Earlier in February, I got accepted in the Senate of the Philippines (my uncle who is a mayor pulled some strings but I know I could have done it myself). A month after that, I also made it to ABS-CBN News Channel's Storyline (this part is totally worth the brag since I really worked my ass off to get in). And then recently, I was given a slot in PETA and I'm starting off next week! Some of my tasks will be writing promotional articles, reviews, and creative outputs which will help promote their organization and their theater productions. Online media hubs such as social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and blogging would be very effective in performing such tasks. Hence the blog make-over.

Three.
I think it's time to make a better change.

No comments:

Post a Comment