"A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world." - Anonymous

Monday, August 13, 2012

The things 'How I Met Your Mother' taught me

Stella: You know I once talked my way out of speeding ticket?
Ted: Really?
Stella: I was heading upstate with my parents, I was doing 90 on the country roads. I got pulled over. So this cop, gets out of his car, swaggers over and he says, 'Lady, I've been waiting for you all day.' And I said, 'Sorry Officer, I got here as fast as I could.'
Ted: For real?
Stella: No, it's just a joke. I know that you're tired of waiting. And you may have to wait a little while more but, she's on her way, Ted. And she's getting here as fast as she can.

I have been working on my manuscript's first draft the whole day, plus I really couldn't resist watching FRIENDS (the TV show) so I kind of get caught in it in the middle part of the day but I'm working on my 7th page now and almost done with my quota for the day when this scene from HIMYM randomly popped up in my mind and screw the way things were going for me. Most girls' problem is that we overthink things a lot and being completely aware of that, I have been trying to stay focused on my manuscript but it's like an itch there in my head that I can't resist from not scratching. What I'm trying to say is, now I'm all soaked in bitterness and depression and so upset that I could not just be like those with really hard-like-rock hearts that they don't think about men so much and are just fine with being single and whatever it is they care about so much more than being in a relationship. You know those times when you just feel like you wanna rip your heart off your chest because its like a graveyard of fairy tales, childish dreams, and dying stars and hopeless wishes in there? Yeah, that's what I wanna do now.

Now if you happen to read this blog post, yeah I still wanna rip my heart off.

No comments:

Post a Comment